Lares, Peru 2019
April 11 - April 19$550.00
- The Trip’s Proposed Itinerary (please plan your flights accordingly):
- Team Specifics: This is a male only trip as we will be staying in a remote village where the accommodations are a bit more primitive.
- About the Schedule: This is the tentative schedule for the time that you are there in Peru.
- – April 11: In the morning we will travel from Lima to Cusco. Then onto the Rivera home. This day will be a rest day to get acclimated to the elevation.
- – April 12. Travel to the village of Lares and visit some of the congregation members who live near Lares.
- – April 13 Begin the work on the flooring of the church.
- -April 14 In the morning, we will attend the Quechua Worship Service. In the afternoon, the team may visit other villages to encourage the churches there.
- – April 15-17. Continue the construction work on the church. In the evenings visit other surrounding villages.
- – April 18. Travel back to Cusco and a short tour of local ancient Inca ruins.
- – April 19. Depart Cusco to travel back to the states.
- About the work: The team will be helping the local workers install wood flooring in the sanctuary of the church that was constructed in 2015-16. In the evenings, the team will be making visits to churches in the nearby villages surrounding Lares. We will also be distributing Audio Bibles in the Quechuan language to the elders of these churches.
- Lodging: We will be staying in in a Hostel in the village of Lares. It is rustic sleeping quarters but comfortable. We will be eating in the home of the Rivera’s relatives nearby.
- Budget: Your $550.00 is for the purchase of materials and supplies for the church building project, audio Bible units, food while we are in Cusco, and ground transportation. This amount does not include your flights to and from Cusco or any incidentals you may want to purchase while there or souvenirs.
- For food: We would ask that you bring along breakfast foods that you would prefer. They have cereals and other breakfast foods however, there are some things that are not available or very expensive to purchase there in Cusco. Items include things such as Peanut Butter, Pancake mix, Nutella, Granola bars, Syrup, honey, etc. Chocolate chips are another item hard to come by.
A Detailed Packing list will be sent out around the first of April with further information concerning the trip.