Lares, Peru 2019
December 2 - December 12$800.00
- The Trip’s Proposed Itinerary (please plan your flights accordingly):
- Trip Specifics: This majority of this trip is a little more rugged than most RMS trips. We will be serving in a mountain village with an elevation of approx. 10,000 feet. While working there we will be doing a considerable amount of walking to the job site and to the homes of the church members there.
- Our Stay: In Cusco, we will be staying at the Rivera home where the accommodations are great. However, the accommodations in Lares are more basic in nature. There is running water and “hot” showers at the Hostel. There are also hot springs nearby also for bathing and relaxation.
- About the Schedule: This is the tentative schedule for the time that you are there in Peru.
- – December 3: In the morning we will travel from Lima to Cusco. Then onto the Rivera home. This day will be a rest day to get acclimated to the elevation.
- – December 4: Travel to the village of Lares and visit some of the congregation members who live near Lares.
- – December 5-7: Begin the work on the flooring of the church.
- -December 8: In the morning, we will attend the Quechua Worship Service. In the afternoon, the team may visit other villages to encourage the churches there.
- – December 9: Continue the construction work on the church. In the evenings visit other surrounding villages.
- – December 10: Travel back to Cusco and a short tour of local ancient Inca ruins.
- – December 11: Depart Cusco to travel back to the states.
- About the work: The team will be helping the local workers install wood flooring in the sanctuary of the church that was constructed in 2015-16. In the evenings, the team will be making visits to churches in the nearby villages surrounding Lares. We will also be distributing Audio Bibles in the Quechuan language to the elders of these churches.
- Lodging: We will be staying in a Hostel in the village of Lares. It is rustic sleeping quarters but comfortable. We will be eating in the home of the Rivera’s relatives nearby.
- Budget: Your $800.00 is for the purchase of materials and supplies for the church building project, audio Bible units, food while we are in Cusco, and ground transportation. This amount does not include your flights to and from Cusco or any incidentals you may want to purchase while there or souvenirs.
- For food: We would ask that you bring along breakfast foods that you would prefer. They have cereals and other breakfast foods however, there are some things that are not available or very expensive to purchase there in Cusco. Items include things such as Peanut Butter, Pancake mix, Nutella, Granola bars, Syrup, honey, etc. Chocolate chips are another item hard to come by.
A Detailed Packing list will be sent out around the first of November with further information concerning the trip.