BOARD MEMBER NOMINATIONS:
Reformed Mission Services is beginning the search for Board
Members for terms that begin October 1, 2017 and end September 30, 2020. Your Consistory will be
receiving information concerning this position in the next few days. Prayerfully consider applying to be
considered to serve in this capacity. RMS is seeking four men to replace those who have served for the
past three years. Please contact the members of your Consistory for more details.
SANTA MARTA, COLUMBIA
RMS is assembling a team of volunteers to travel to Santa Marta, Colombia July 25-August 2. We are seeking up to 10 people for this trip. We are specifically looking for Brick Masons and general laborers as we will be laying block for the exterior and the interior walls on the second floor of the Calvary Reformed Church in Santa Marta. We will also be spending time at the Fundacion Sembrando Vida (Foundation Planting Life) compound to work with the children there. There will be sports camps and other activities with the children that Calvary assists with the studies. We will be travelling, if time permits, to a location where the church is assisting the indigenous people of Colombia with basic needs.
- Travel: You will be responsible for your travel to and from Bogota, Colombia. RMS will be supplying your flights from Bogota to Santa Marta on the morning of July 25. We will also book the return flight to Bogota on the afternoon of August 2. Please schedule your flights to arrive at the Bogota Airport before 5 am July 25, 2017 and depart Bogota after 7 pm August 2. Be aware that there may be times of extended layovers at the Bogota Airport (hours) as the flights to and from the US/Canada are limited.
- Cost of the trip: The total cost for this trip is $1,600.00 (US dollars) for all participants. Of this amount, $60 (US dollars) is retained as an administrative fee that covers international trip insurance, a RMS t-shirt, Background Check, and a small administration fee. The remaining amount will be used for your airfare to and from Santa Marta, materials for the work to be done, room and board, food, and your ground (inland) travel.
- Registration: Registration will end for this trip on June 5, 2017. You can register for this trip at rms.org/.
Donate: RMS is also accepting donations for materials for this trip. You can donate funds by sending them to RMS, P.O. Box 582, Hudsonville, MI 49426-0582. Make sure you write in the memo line “Colombia”. You may also donate online under the donate tab on the home page of our website, www.rms.org/donate/. If you like more information about this trip, contact Rob at email@example.com.
Registration is now closed for the events that will take place this summer. We have 140 students and sponsors registered for the events to take place in Burlington, WA, Pantego, NC, Wyoming, MI, Dutton, MI, and Hudson Valley, NY. Please pray for the Host churches as they continue the planning for these events.
Now is the time to begin to plan for next summer’s TASC events! RMS is looking for churches that would be willing to host a TASC event at their church in the summer of 2018. We have 5 TASC events this summer that are going to take place all across the US, Washington state, North Carolina, 2 in Michigan, and the final on in New York State. RMS desires to have host churches across the US and Canada to keep transportation costs down for the participants. RMS has developed a detailed manual to assist you in preparing for an event that is available to you per request from our director. Would you consider hosting this week-long event at your church? If so, you can register at www.rms.org/tasc-host-church-application/.
FUTURE FOREIGN TRIPS
RMS is in the initial planning stages for foreign trips to Peru, Mexico, Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica for late fall 2017 and early 2018. You can check out what we have done in the past for these trips on our website www.rms.org under the “trips” tab at the top of the home page.
DOMESTIC TRIPS OPPORTUNITY
Redeemer Church located in Cambridge, MD is looking for volunteers to assist with necessary renovations to the Church building, Stewart Hall, and the adjacent lot. They are looking for painters, electricians, those with IT and sound board experience, concrete and brick masons, carpenters, and other general laborers. Please contact Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Redeemer Church is a church plant under the supervision of Pompton Plains Ref. Bible Church (URCNA), pastored by Rev. Steve Arrick.
CHURCH PLANTIN INTERN POSSIBILITY
Rev. Sam Perez of Grace Reformed Church in Jersey City, NJ is looking for an Intern to assist him in evangelism and outreach for the Church Plant located there. There are some specific requirements and duties for this position. For more information concerning these specifics contact Rev. Perez at email@example.com or Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER VBS OPPORTUNITY AT HOPE CENTRE
The week of July 15-22, 2017, the Zekvelds in connection with the Hope Centre in Etobicoke, ON are planning to launch a somewhat different children’s program using the Answers in Genesis curriculum: “Seven C’s”. They are looking for 10 volunteers 16 years of age and older to assist them with this event. The group will undergo training on Saturday the 15th, attend worship services on Sunday, Monday through Thursday would be teaching the classes to the younger students, and on Friday they would assist the Zekveld’s in reaching the students that are over the age limit for the VBS event. Saturday is open to travelling home or sight-seeing in Toronto. Female volunteers will be in the home of the Zekveld’s while the male volunteers will be at another church member’s home nearby. Please take along all personal items, bedding, etc.
There are certain requirements that must take place prior to volunteering for this event:
- All participants must submit to a police check (request letter from Hope Centre).
- Participants 18 and older, must submit to a Vulnerable Sector Check (request letter from Hope Centre).
- Volunteers should have two reference letters from their Christian community/church.
- The requirements listed above must be sent to the email address listed below at minimum 3 weeks prior to the 15th of July.
If you are interested in this trip, have further questions, or want to request the letters for Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Checks please email Arley-Ann at email@example.com. May the Lord be glorified in all of our efforts for His Kingdom. Sincerely, Arley-Ann Zekveld